Monday, January 4, 2010

Stage..life is a stage

No one told me that I could not have a clear path with objectives and milestones to kick this crap. I am a creature of habit, and most of the time need a plan. No plan here, because even the professionals cannot know for sure.

My first visit with the oncologist was a glimmer of hope because he tells me it is stage 1, I will need to have a "radical" hysterectomy, then MAYBE radiation treatments. First of all, what the hell is so RADICAL about being sliced open and having parts removed??

So, surgery date rolls around and I am sooo thankful for drugs administered by RNs. (As time goes by, I will have a love hate relationship with these people.) However, I am not thankful for the new prognosis. Crap everywhere, lymph nodes removed and they test positive for cancer. Apparently the "tumor" has tentacles and started a party without me. Luckily, according to the PET scan, the party is only happening in that area of the body and does not appear to have traveled to other places.

No comments:

Post a Comment