Friday, January 8, 2010

Start the torment

So, now I know that I will be subjected to radiation and chemo. Thrilling. I had to wait a month after surgery to start the treatments so I could heal before being polluted. I was scheduled for 5.5 weeks of radiation and chemo to match. I thought in the beginning I was getting off pretty light, because the only major side affect was exhaustion. But, as you get further into the treatments, you start having other issues. I will spare anyone reading this the details.

Anyway, the radiation was 5 days a week, and the chemo 1 day a week. Radiation does the most damage as far as I am concerned. But, there is this "thing" about chemotherapy. I guess I was not sure what to expect. Of course, it doesn't help that I have a major problem with needles. Especially, if someone is poking me with one. Imagine my total excitement when I find out that once a week I have to get an IV and hang out in the hospital for 6 - 8 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment